My car passed a stone..........:(

Pull the exhaust and attempt to get the pieces out of the muffler, then replace the cat.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Leach, Michael
  To: 'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'
  Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 10:21 AM
  Subject: My car passed a stone..........:(

  Well my Passat's Cat has been coming apart and letting fairly large chunks
  (at least 2) rumble around as they slowly make their way down the exhaust
  system.  He passed his first one yesterday with a little help from me and a
  screwdriver.  On a side note I have a Tectonics Stainless exhaust with a
  venturi on the end to reduce the noise which reduces the size of the pipe so
  when the piece finally makes it to the end it can not get out.

  Anyway....is this normal for the cat to come apart. Should I just start
  banging on the cat to speed the process??

  Thanks

  Michael Leach
  MH-60R Integration and Test
  Lockheed Martin Federal Systems