[Re: engine swap shops -South Jersey]

Yep, reality. At least you're not throwing money at a minivan just to keep it
alive. And try to plan your finances so you don't have to sell it; the best
way to get your money back out of it is keep it for a long while and enjoy it.
And do it the way YOU want it.

ONe other thought, look at all those new SUVs out there, how much you fiure
those guys lost driving it off the lot? I know which way I'd rather "lose"
money.
Cathy

"L F" <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
> Welcome to the world of automobiles.
> If you spend that $10K wisely, someone WILL want to buy it.  Not for $10K,
but for maybe 25-30% of what you have in it.
> Again, welcome to the world.....
>
> I have to agree with Kervin here.  My son did this very thing with his MkI
and the results were most satisfying.
> Your alternative is to rebuild what you have (if originality is a priority
with you) and spend almost as much having a nice concours car.

> In the end, you will spend money regardless.  (welcome...)  This is how
material things work in this life.