OT Welders

I have a Campbell Hausfield MIG. It's cheap and it
works. I wonder though if it doesn't have a stout
enough power supply to lay a super-nice bead. Or, it
could be that 110v welders just aren't a good idea in
general, since my house lights flicker like crazy like
the house wiring can't keep up.

...but it could entirely be the fault of the operator!
I'm pretty new to this and I have no experience on
other welders to compare with.

But if your budget is $1000, you should be able to get
something pretty decent. Mine was only like $350 or
so.

Neal