  From: Neal Tovsen
  To: bhonnold@pac-cap.com ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 6:54 AM
  Subject: Re: OT Welders

  I have a Campbell Hausfield MIG. It's cheap and it
  works. I wonder though if it doesn't have a stout
  enough power supply to lay a super-nice bead. Or, it
  could be that 110v welders just aren't a good idea in
  general, since my house lights flicker like crazy like
  the house wiring can't keep up.

  ...but it could entirely be the fault of the operator!
  I'm pretty new to this and I have no experience on
  other welders to compare with.

  But if your budget is $1000, you should be able to get
  something pretty decent. Mine was only like $350 or
  so.

  Neal