  From: Marc Getty
  To: 'toFUNit@yahoo.com' ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 12:56 PM
  Subject: RE: Tire Inflation: Proper PSI to run?

  Don't forget that increased speeds require higher tire pressure. The
  gas cap door of my C230 says to put 28 psi in front and 32 in back
  (the drive wheels), with a note that for speeds over 100 MPH increase
  by 3 psi.

  I run at 31 psi in front and 35 psi in back because of this. I'm also
  very conscious of fuel economy, as anyone who does 33K+ a year would
  be, so I prefer the higher pressures to get the better mileage.

  -Marc

  '87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco @ 235K miles
  http://getty.net/scirocco/
  '02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
  http://getty.net/c230k/
      in Heliodongr?n (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,
      state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 32,200 miles