  From: Dan Bubb
  To: Tyler P. ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 1:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Tire Inflation: Proper PSI to run?

  You definititely do NOT want to run at the max inflation pressure of the
  tire. If you drive for an extended period of time the tire will get hotter
  and the pressure will go up exceeding the max rating.
  For street use I try to run at a pressure that gives me even tire wear
  across the tread, which usually works out to ~28 psi. Works for 175/70 x 13,
  185/60 x 14 and 205/40 x 16. Plus no sense making the ride harsher for a 1%
  performance gain on the street.
  For autocross or track use, obviously, the pressure should be set higher to
  limit sidewall deformation under lateral load.
  just my .02
  Dan