Air VS Non injectors...

Okay,

I have finally pieced together what is going on with this jetta I am
working on.

It came stock with the air shroud injectors.  But it looks like the
previous owner put in the cheap non-air shroud (ie: old rabbit) injectors
as they are less than 1/2 the price.  The injectors them selves look nice
and new.

So.  I have heard that you can still use these in the air shroud heads,
just seal off the holes in the injector insert.  Any problems with this?

Is there any flow rate difference between the two?

Also, I noticed all the plastic shrouds are cracked and chipped on the end.
Could this be due to the fact the old Rabbit style do not have the o-ring
on the end to help stabilize them?  Any issues with the injector moving a
little in the seat over the ones with the dual o-rings?

I have a set from the old roc engine and I am going to soak them in carb
cleaner (they have been sitting for a long time) to try and clean them up.

I will try these, but if they are clogged, I need to know if the older
style will cause any issues.

TIA

Cory