side moulding gets stretched out of shape?

Speaking of moldings... Whenever I wash the car, all black moldings bleed.  Meaning, there's black coming off of them.  It streaked my clay bar.  What can I do about this?  New moldings? (I'd rather not).  Some kind of protectorant?

Mike

Lisa Lutman <llutman@yahoo.com> wrote:
I heard a rumour that if you take off the side
moulding (i.e. if you car is getting painted) that it
gets stretched out of shape and you pretty much can't
reuse it. Is this true?

Half my car is being painted thanks to an unfortunate
accident so I'm wondering cuz I want the moulding to
match all the way around and not be half new and half
old.

Lisa

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source