Desperation... any more ideas (16V problems)?

It had the same symptoms though?  I did think of the idle switch once (maybe it was coming on at WOT and telling the knock box I'm at idle - no advance), but I thought this was too far-fetched.  My idle switch clicks when I close it, but I haven't tested it vigorously.  By "click", everyone means the mechanical noise that the metal contacts make, right?  Or is it an electrical click?  (In other words, did you replace the little plastic electrical thing, or mechanical parts on the TB?)
Thanks again.