Ahh... the smell of burning oil

If you're going to buy forged pistons simply buy them for the CR you
want. Should make only a minor difference in cost. No need to dick
around with head gaskets. You would probably also want to specify that
you intend the pistons to be used in a turbo application since it could
make a difference in ring placement.
Other than that, you may want head studs. The engine already has piston
oil squirters, so it's pretty set unless you intend to build a mondo
engine and do rods, crank work, big piston pins....
Dan