Does rear axle from '81 Rabbit fit '81 Scirocco?

On behalf of the diesel-powered Scirocco contingent, welcome to the list.
We're now two members strong!  Pretty soon we'll catch up to the 1.8T
contingent... :)

The MkI, being such a light car, does do fairly well with a diesel.  A
fellow in my neck of the woods dropped a 1.9TD into one.

The one thing you may want to confirm is if it is the axle BEAM that is
bent (replace the whole axle) or the stub axle, which is bolted to the
beam with 4 bolts.  It's much easier to replace the stub axle, IMHO, than
an entire axle beam.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed. TurboDiesel Scirocco)