New project (AKA: Enter the Cabby)

--part1_178.161bf108.2b6e8cd2_boundary

thumbing through the auto shopper the other day i spotted an '89 Cabby for
$1600. So w/ car dolly in tow yesterday i went for a looksee. What i found
was a black on white cabby, small bumpers, single headlights, w/ 140k in the
clock.   looking it over the interior was dirty w/ average wear, but the dash
is perfect. (wish the same was true for my roc) the motor is strong but upon
a test drive something was diffferent, the tranny was real short compared to
my roc. got back and looked underneath.   4K!    SCORE!!!!!!   after some
haggling & $1200 later it was mine.  lady gave me reciepts for the last 4
yrs.    seems the clutch went 1.5 years ago taking the tranny w/ it (i did't
ask how she managed this feat) seems the shop found the tranny in a parts car
and put a new clutch in it. she hasnt driven it much in the past year because
it hasnt felt the same.. go figure.   also included was a invoice for a new
top, liner and boot, done 2 mos before the tranny.    so here come the new
project.
GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED
       Jason
       86 rocco 8v
       89 cabby 8v

--part1_178.161bf108.2b6e8cd2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">thumbing through the auto shopper the other day i spotted an '89 Cabby for $1600. So w/ car dolly in tow yesterday i went for a looksee. What i found was a black on white cabby, small bumpers, single headlights, w/ 140k in the clock.&nbsp;&nbsp; looking it over the interior was dirty w/ average wear, but the dash is perfect. (wish the same was true for my roc) the motor is strong but upon a test drive something was diffferent, the tranny was real short compared to my roc. got back and looked underneath.&nbsp;&nbsp; 4K!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SCORE!!!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; after some haggling &amp; $1200 later it was mine.&nbsp; lady gave me reciepts for the last 4 yrs.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; seems the clutch went 1.5 years ago taking the tranny w/ it (i did't ask how she managed this feat) seems the shop found the tranny in a parts car and put a new clutch in it. she hasnt driven it much in the past year because it hasnt felt the same.. go figure.&nbsp;&nbsp; also included was a invoice for a new top, liner and boot, done 2 mos before the tranny.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so here come the new project.<BR>
GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jason&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;   <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 86 rocco 8v <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 89 cabby 8v<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_178.161bf108.2b6e8cd2_boundary--