Does rear axle from '81 Rabbit fit '81 Scirocco?

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:01:10 EST DieingSwan@aol.com writes:
> Oregon they're a tire-brake-and alignment kinda shop) told me the
> whole
> shimming process would be at least $109.00 and perhaps more
> depending on
> labor. I guess it's labor intensive since you have to shim it "by
> eye" and
> then re-measure with a camber gauge once it's all back together...

Ehh. Thats crack pipe talk! You measure the alignement, then use the
right shim to correct the setting to what you want it to be. They come in
various thickness/wedge so it should be a one time shot type deal. It is
a somewhat labor intensive compared to how easy it is to alter other cars
alignemnts. The shims aint cheap either. I just love how some shops will
always explain how -hard- it is to do things so they can justify ripping
you off.

My customers love me, I show them all how to save money when dealing with
my company. Its only money. I digress.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com