SOT: Performance options for old Dasher wagons?

My step-brother used to have one of these back in high school and I thought it was the coolest thing (even though it was _never_ reliable). I just saw one in the yard the other day and got me thinking about a potential future project. I've always liked seeing wagons lowered with fat wheels. I'm a person who's all about "rare" so this would fit in rather nicely.

Is anyone familiar with them? I know the engine configuration is like that in a Fox, but what's the ability like to install typical A1 mods? (both power train and suspension). Can a 16v be installed using the existing motor mounts?

Thanks, Jeff