SOT: Performance options for old Dasher wagons?

No way, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to want one of these. LOL

For some strange reason I really like the styling of that little
wagon...find one in a diesel, no smog check, and the engine options are
unlimited.
I had one come up behind me on the freeway a couple years ago and SWORE it
was another Mk1 Scirocco S.
I even pulled over to let him pass only to find it was a pristine Dasher
wagon with a body matched Zender Scirocco S front spoiler.
He also had a nice set of 2pc BBS LM's on it.
I gave the guy a BIG thumbs up and he reciprocated.

If I had extra cash, an extra garage stall and some extra time on my hands
I might consider replacing the WRX with a 1.8T powered 81 Dasher S (with
full S trim).
Naw, I love the WRX so I'll just keep sinking my money into Cosmos.

Jeff, if you pick one up I would be willing to help you restore it though,
might even have a spare S spoiler tucked away somewhere :^)

Randy
"Cosmos" - 81 Scirocco S
"Sonic" - 03 WRX Wagon
Yes, I'm baaaaaaaaaak!