Dyno results. CIS-E vs. programmable engine management.

Check out http://s16v.com/vw/88scir.html for some more info.  Injectors are
40 lb/hr high impedance, Tomco brand I think.  Should be good for 275 HP or
so.  Most people ramp up the timing pretty fast to full advance by 2500 RPM.
I'm running 36 degrees advance from 3500 on up.  The position of my crank
trigger is preventing me from getting any more advance.  Basically the ECU
can only "delay" from the baseline of 36 deg BTDC when it receives the
trigger pulse.

Here's a screen shot of my main tuning map.  Hope it makes sense to you.  ;)

http://s16v.com/pix/2003-08-07/P8070063m.jpg

A little blurry but I think you can make it out.  Fuel metering is done by
TPS vs RPM times MAP vs RPM.  Some systems only do MAP x RPM, so that's one
thing about the MIC3 that's kinda cool.  I was surprised given the low fuel
number at 3500 (TPS column 4) that there wasn't a corresponding torque dip.
Pretty common for cammed 16Vs to be weak between 3K and 4K RPM.

This chart shows AFR.  Not totally flat but rather than stay and fine tune
it further I wanted to get out of there since they charge by the hour!

http://s16v.com/pix/2003-08-09/P8090011a.jpg

Bradley

---