Dyno results. CIS-E vs. programmable engine management.

One question for you.  Why so much advance?  Wouldn't
36 be sufficient?  Just curious....  Doesn't the
factory 2.0 motroinic stuff run 32 (or is it 26 I
don't remember) degrees timing total?  Just curious.
At zero vacuum I run 32 degrees total on my 9:1 turbo
motor.

Anyone have any ideas.  What do you run for total
timing?  I was looking at my friends 1.8t through
VAG-Com and they seem to run a max of about 30 degrees
under vaccum.

Tony