Dyno results. CIS-E vs. programmable engine management.

I think because I am running less compression than stock, the motor will
tolerate more advance.  The rule of thumb with ignition timing (at high RPM)
is to advance it until one of two things happens:  A) the engine starts to
ping, or B) the engine ceases to make more power; then back it off a notch.
It's possible if I went to 38 degrees total advance, I wouldn't get any more
power but I am unable to explore that possibility unless I reposition my
crank trigger.

The SDS web site tech page (sdsefi.com) suggested most engines like
somewhere between 30 and 40 degrees of total advance.  I'm not sure why the
factory doesn't run more advance but I'd have to assume they error on the
side of safety and emissions rather than going for that last 5 horsepower.
;)

Bradley
1988 S16V 2.0 EFI
2002 S4 Avant