vibration/shudder at 70 - possible alternatives (other than wheel balance?)

--0-1801053901-1050982295=:3862

well I could agree with my daily driver because it has the H&R sport shocks but the it did that before I lowered teh car and the prowler is not lowered and does it as well., it is not the rear axle bushings becaus ethe ones on the prowler are brand new, and I had the 4 wheel alignment , it is nt the rear hubs either because I converted to Disc on the prowler and the vibrations was there before (drums) and after (disc) (different hubs).. man we are running out of things to change to fix this problem...

Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:> I am thinking that it could be the sway bar bushings
> or the a-arms bushings that need to be changed

did poly sway bushings and factory a-arm bushings, no change.

my belief/theory is that since our cars sit low, the cvs are collapsed as
far as they can be, to the point of hitting internally. this knocks the
tranny back and forth, taking the car with it, and just happens to hit its
resonance at 70. the resonance isnt perfect, slightly out of tune, causing
the modulation...

does yours modulate like i described? or is it constant?
Al

--0-1801053901-1050982295=:3862

<DIV>well I could agree with my daily driver because it has the H&amp;R sport shocks but the it did that before I lowered teh car and the prowler is not lowered and does it as well., it is not the rear axle bushings becaus ethe ones on the prowler are brand new, and I had the 4 wheel alignment , it is nt the rear hubs either because I converted to Disc on the prowler and the vibrations was there before (drums) and after (disc) (different hubs)..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>man we are running out of things to change to fix this problem...</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Allyn &lt;amalventano@sc.rr.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&gt; I am thinking that it could be the sway bar bushings<BR>&gt; or the a-arms bushings that need to be changed<BR><BR>did poly sway bushings and factory a-arm bushings, no change.<BR><BR>my belief/theory is that since our cars sit low, the cvs are collapsed as<BR>far as they can be, to the point of hitting internally. this knocks the<BR>tranny back and forth, taking the car with it, and just happens to hit its<BR>resonance at 70. the resonance isnt perfect, slightly out of tune, causing<BR>the modulation...<BR><BR>does yours modulate like i described? or is it constant?<BR>Al<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
--0-1801053901-1050982295=:3862--