vibration/shudder at 70 - possible alternatives (other than wheel balance?)

>My Integra with the problem that turned out to be CV had its problem
>between about 37-43 mph - a fairly small, very specific speed range and
>never outside of it.
>
>--
>Kevin Collins

Well, I would think a problem like this would occur when the revolution of
the CV's etc was sympathetic with the frequency of whatever is vibrating.
It would climb when it gets close, peak, then drop out as you accelerate
through.  If you went fast enough, it would probably reoccur in the next 1/2
division of the frequency (I think... It's been a while since physics
class...)  I know there is a principle concerning this.  I apply it to
guitar playing with the use of harmonics..

If the same item would be causing the vibration (we're ASSUMING at this
point) in all Rocc's, different cars would have vibration occurrences at a
slightly different range of speeds, due to different tire sizes.  (bigger
tires have greater speed at same RPM than smaller tires)

With 195 50 R15's, mine peaks at around 75-77 mph

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

'84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"
'85 BMW 318i