[Re: Getting the nut off the hub]

compared to everyone else on the list i am :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: Getting the nut off the hub]

"Larry" <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:
So you actually weigh, like, a negative fifty pounds??
:)
Larry

> it definitely takes alot to get that sucker off. i had a 8 ft pipe on
there and
> exerted enough torque to get the rear end to do a single hop forward, and
thats
> with my #110 arse pushing the bar.
> yes yes, the mere fact that i'm in the car drops #50 off the cars weight
:).
> Al

-Well, I guess it came off when I was away yesterday..all by itself!...No
seriously, I think Denny stood on the pipe instead of Adam. That mass and
gravity thing. Maybe an extra day of soaking in the penetrating stuff helped,
or different RH/atmospheric pressure, or the position of the stars - who
knows. It's off there anyway, thank goodness. (I'm sticking with the more mass
on the pipe theory BTW)
Cathy

Oh and BTW, that may be close to Allyn's correct weight (maybe it's one of
those "classified" submariner's things...) and may explain his quickness in
those autocross videos from Cincy...