OT: VW GTG's, impressions

Okay, yesterday I went to a small TDI GTG . This was to find out what was=
 up
with my bug, since it had problems with the chip, but most were there for=

timing belts (a bit tricky on a TDI). Anyway, it was just like a normal
Scirocco GTG, but with computers to do half the work. (mine had several i=
ssues
BTW) Very nice folks, etc, and I learned a lot.

Anyway, why this is of any slight interest to any of you? What did I spen=
most of the day doing? Helpling a guy with (drumroll) a B3 16V Passat, he=
 did
a timing belt. (not that I'm much help) Are these cars following me or wh=
at?
As usual, Passats were the dominant car in attendance, so it felt pretty =
much
like a normal Scirocco GTG. =

So of course you know what I did eh? I told him the official FIRST car of=
 ANY
respectible B3 Passat owner was a Scirocco, and that he would be much hap=
pier
if he would just go out and buy one. I'm spreading the word...

One thing that IS different, I've never had anyone at our GTGs ask me to =
check
out their exhaust aroma. Biodiesel exhaust really does smell edible, sort=
 of
like roasted peanuts.(and uncombusted it smells like latex paint). (For t=
hose
who don't know, you really CAN burn modified french fry oil in these cars=
,
kinda neat really) This "french fry car" was no slow "econo car" either, =
he
was installing water injection after his belt was done.

Cathy, off on another adventure today, I'll report back on that if the we=
ather
holds...