Need to replace climate controls

I believe your problem is not the climate control panel, but instead the
heat exchange valve located in your engine bay and it runs a single metallic
wire to the climate control, replace it and you will find all your controls
(including your warm air seeping into the vents problem to be resolved.

   /  |/_ __/ ___/ Patrick Bureau
  //| | / / \__ \  1985 8v Prowler Orange "Beatrice"
 / _  |/ / ___/ /  1985 8v Titian Red "Lucky"
/_/ |_/_/ /____/   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco