Need to replace climate controls

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > think replacing this may solve my problem of warm air
> comming out the center
> > vents cause no matter what setting you have the climate
> on its always
> > blowing hot air.  It use to put out cold air when I had
> it on vent but now
> > it always puts out warm air, however, my foot heaters
> and defroster vents
> > put out the right kind of air (cool, warm, or hot) that
> I want.  Where do I
> > get these things cause I haven't seen them on anybodies
> site?
>
> It's not your climate control unit that is causing that
> to happen.
>
> It is either the heater valve or the control cable for
> the heater valve.

As an addition to this, the stiffness of the control head
is also probably the cable going to the heater valve.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
For Sale: '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams