WRX vs. 1.8t

Come on Dave! NO manufacturer advertises WHEEL HP!

So, are your comments about AWD specifically directed at Subaru or do
they include Audi also?

Personally I think your bias towards Asian cars is emotional and not
based on reason. Just like the senseless Honda bashing on Vortex.
But, whatever.
Dan

Well, I see two problems here.  One is IF a 1.8T pulls harder with just
FWD than an AWD car that is suppose to
be over 200hp the question is do you NEED AWD?  I don't and probably
never will NEED it so why not go for the
lower hp lower maintenance vehicle that is faster in the first place?
If you don't NEED AWD then why buy a car
that sells by it's hp that gets sucked up in the drivetrain?

The second problem is that anyone who believes that the WRX has the
horsepower they advertise at the wheels
is a chump.  Forever German manufacturers have advertised conservative
wheel hp and Asian manufacturers
have advertised liberal crank hp.  I don't know for sure if it has
changed but I will never be convinced by an
advertisement!!

I'll never own an Asian car!!

Dave