(ot) a1 jetta coupe ?

I would get an A1 Jetta if I could have a chance too.
I was willing to trade my Scirocco for my parents old
83 Jetta, because it was in slightly better condition.
 I think some similarites to the Scirocco is the
electricals like in the Bentley the fusebox is the
same as the 1.7l Scirocco.  The windshield leaks and
could get near the fusebox.  Ours did that and it was
fixed.  I think it was an 83 Jetta since it had the
plastic lining on the fenders on it when I last saw
the car this summer.
--- hitman <hitman88@vwmail.net> wrote:
>   looking at purchasing an a1 jetta 2 door on
> saturday. gonna use it as a winter car and, if it
> runs good through the winter, probably refurbish it
> a lil' next spring/summer. any specific problems i
> should look for in these cars? or are they pretty
> much the same as a scirocco?
>    brett
>
> So Sayeth The Hitman
> 1988 scirocco 16v "stripe"