Air/Fuel Question

Okay, I have small conundrum I am working on and maybe someone here can
throw some info at me to help out :)

I installed a cheap autometer air/fuel meter into the '79 with a 1 wire o2
sensor.  At start up everything seems normal. I get a rich reading, as I
expected due to the cold start injector kicking in.

When it is warm and under load it runs just shy or rich.

What I have noticed is that when I am simply cruising along a 2,0000-2,500
rpm and the engine has no real load, it leans out right to the end of the
scale.

Step on the gas, back up to stoic just before rich.

I can see it getting lean when you take your foot off the gas as engine
winds down, but once at a steady rpm I thought it should go back to stoic
again.

I am going to try and richen the mixture a bit, but I can't seem to think
how to get it richer just at the lower rpms (unless I am thinking wrong
here) with out richening out the upper rpm range.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage