Air/Fuel Question

As long as your engine runs fine without missing while cruising I
wouldn't bother trying to richen it up.
With CIS (i.e. NOT lambda or E) there really isn't any way to change the
mixture aside from messing with the control pressure and from my
experience that is a real hairball.
Changing the idle mixture will have a minor effect on the mixture once
the throttle is opened even a small amount. eg. if you change the
mixture 10% at idle then doubling the airflow (say doubling the idle
speed) reduces the % change to 5%, with 5 times the airflow the % change
is only 2%. So, the effect of adjusting idle mixture dies out quickly as
the throttle is opened.
Personally, I think your a/f readings are interesting but not indicative
of a problem.
Dan