Air meter plate size..

Okay I have heard a few times about the small air meter and a larger air
meter.

I am assuming the stock one on the '79 I have would be a small air meter.

So, what model's years had the large (best?) ones.  and, as I have not
taken one apart before, is it easy to get the fuel distrib off of it, or do
you just swap the whole thing including the fuel distributor to make it easy?

Thanks

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage