83 needs help

It still turns over after it dies, just doesn't start up, or barely starts,
does one crank, then dies again.

Will have to check the fuel pump, but I don't hear it since it just has the
external one (something nice about the ratteling buzzing you get when you
don't screw down the cover plate for the pump in an 88 heh).

Fuel filter - I suppose it crapping out on you is the only way to tell it's
clogged hm? If the car is actually going would there be enough pressure to
get gas past the clog - the car still drove 70 miles yesterday after I
restarted it.

Wouldn't it have been nice if they had installed warning lights for all
these parts ... idiot lights, yes please I'll take some  :)

Thanks guys!!!