83 needs help

check spark at plugs, check spark at coil, check distributor cap and rotor
(I had one fry up on me one day and it sound like you say)
if all is checking out, when is the last time you changed your Cat ?

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** FOR SALE : 1500.00$ **
Web Site : http://longcoeur.com/scirocco