83 needs help

On 5/29/02 9:13 AM, "Tobias ><" <scirocco16v88@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Until yesterday haven't had problems. Yesterday, take the car to leave,
> leasurely shift from first to second, going slow .. car dies. Restart, go
> off on my way.
>
> Today, car again dies as I try to get out of the apartment complex while
> shifting from 1 to 2. Try to start, no go. Motor turns on but doesn't start.
> The longer I let it sit, the more it seems to want to start.
>
> Car is stock everything, and I dunno the maintenance history, so what are
> the first culprits I need to look at - I'm thinking electrical?

Almost sounds like a fuel pump to me. They tend to be sporadic before they
give up the ghost for good. Cooling down will make it easier for it.

Try jumping the fuel pump relay, and going over to check if the pump is
running.

After that your back to basics; air-fuel-spark. Got all that at the right
time and in the right ammount, and the motor will run. Find which is
missing.

Jonas