Will ABA crankcase still "breath" ok with block-off plate installed?

Marc:

Don't forget about the bi-metalic strip in the CPR.  Unless you live in
-50 deg weather, the CPR can pretty much be placed anywhere...  Once
the strip is energized and heated, the CPR adjusts the fuel pressure to
lean out for normal running.

I still want to have the factory setup to ensure proper hot starts, and
good cold weather running though, so I'm going to mount mine on a
homemade plate where the ABA breather sits...

Jonas:

The ABA engine I have (95) has what looks to be a breather apparatus on
the valve cover as well.  It ties in the "hose" from the block breather
and then goes to the intake...  I don't have a Bentley for the ABA so
I'm not sure if that really is a breather on the valve cover as well,
but it sure looks like one.

What are the problems associated with an improperly vented crankcase?
What should I look out for?

Thanks,

Mark.