Will ABA crankcase still "breath" ok with block-off plateinstalled?

On 5/17/02 7:25 PM, "Marc scirocco Qu=E9bec" <marc_scirocco@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> The Control Pressure Regulator, also known as the
> "Warm-up" Regulator is supposed to physically touch
> the engine block, so that it knows when the motor is
> hot, and adjust the fuel pressure accordingly.

This is a common misconception. The reason the CPR is on the block is in
case the engine is _really_ cold, then the temperature of the engine will
*delay* the effect of the internal heating element.

The CPR really does not do any measuring of engine temperature. It is is
primitive device, functioning to enrich during startup, and to prolong that
enrichment when the motor is very cold.
=20
> It is pretty much a safe bet to say that your fuel
> mixture is not right.

Absolutely no reason to think that.

> Did you measure the fuel pressure, hot and cold?

No, I don't live in a place cold enough for the motor temperature to affect
the CPR operation. The time to reach full control pressure is only a couple
of minutes, and with a very cold motor this time may double. No matter what=
,
in the end, the internal bimetallic strip will block off flow, and control
pressure will reach near system pressure.
=20

HTH,
Jonas