Will ABA crankcase still "breath" ok with block-off plate installed?

The Control Pressure Regulator, also known as the
"Warm-up" Regulator is supposed to physically touch
the engine block, so that it knows when the motor is
hot, and adjust the fuel pressure accordingly.

It is pretty much a safe bet to say that your fuel
mixture is not right.

Did you measure the fuel pressure, hot and cold?

Cheers.

MArc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato