OT: fledgling future website developer needs resources

Free, reliable and very secure Linux server OS, based
on Red Hat 7.0, available at:
www.e-smith.org

Not that hard to install, and configure.

That is what I am running at home, but lots of
business are using it.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

 --- Calimus <calimus@techography.net> a écrit : >
It's really not hard to find resources.  First off,
snip

> As for what patric said about running your own
> server and all that good
> stuff, well, it's not really that hard (sorry
> patric, no offence).  You
> can do it so long as you have broadband internet,
> just about any windows
> OS and you register your domain with register.com
> and it can be very
> easy.  There are many simple webservers that have
> PHP support built in
> that will install in seconds.  So it can be done
> very easy and cheap,
> but depending on what you want to do, it can get
> more difficult and
> expsensive.  As for web hosting, there are thousands
> of hosts, I'll go
> ahead and pimp my host provider
> http://interserver.net ,  Just look
> around and pick the one that best suits your needs.
> If I can asnwer any
> other questions for you, just let me know.
>
> William

Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
magasinage.yahoo.ca