Putting on new brake pads - suggestions?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curtis" <schofiel@telusplanet.net>
To: "Tyler Pease" <uberzip@attbi.com>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: Putting on new brake pads - suggestions?

> > I have new brake pads to put on my car tomorrow.  I have stock
> > 84 8 valve front discs and 16 valve rear discs.  I read my bentley's
> > today and it looked pretty simple for the rear brakes but it seems like
> > you need some kind of caliper tool for the front 8 valve brakes.  Is
> > this true or is there a way I can get around this?  Thanks!

If you don't have the Kelsey Hayes Caliper you might need some wierd
tool to take off a part of the caliper (or maybe it's the spring)

I have a 84 (manufactured 83) and i have the KH one.. It's reaaaaallly
easy to do =)

 As far as the "piston compressor tool" I just used a wood C-Clamp.

 It worked great and i had it done really quick ;P