The 2.0 Lives! (well, sort of....damn. Need a little help) - long

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1D3DC.2B0B20E0

I kinda need to keep this short, because I need tech help and I'm short =
on sleep, time and feeling in my hands!

Before I get into the specifics - I first have to thank Raffi, Craig and =
most of all Tobias for sacrificing their time and energy to get my heap =
back to road-worthiness (especially Tobias who, in spite of his other =
committment (I hope Al will forgive me) kept plugging into the wee hours =
of this morning even when I was ready to throw in the towel. I know the =
beer and grub I provided them doesn't even scratch the surface of my =
gratitude. I hope I can be there for these guys if the opportunity =
arises. This list and the people on it rule!

After tinkering with the timing and distributor for a while (and =
connecting a hidden air hose!), we finally got it started around 1:30 am =
and once it got running for a few minutes it was remarkably smooth =
running. Each time trying to start it, it got easier - so much so that =
it would start on the first crank which never happened with the 1.8!

But then we noticed that the coolant temp was getting exceedingly high =
(which is weird because I installed a low temp fan switch and =
thermostat). I must have been too tired because we just filled the =
radiator and let it run thinking the fan would come on sometime, right? =
Unfortunately, I ruptured a hose (I hope) somewhere near the =
distributor.

Can the fan switch plug go on reverse of the way it's supposed too? It's =
gotta be either that or the thermo-time switch failing, right? Anyone =
else have any ideas? I'm in a bad spot and need to get this car back on =
the road ASAP - time for trouble-shooting this is scarce....

Thanks,

JT - sorta 2.0 '86.5 16v

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1D3DC.2B0B20E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I kinda need to keep this short, =
because I need=20
tech help and I'm short on sleep, time and feeling in my =
hands!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Before I get into the specifics - I =
first have to=20
thank Raffi, Craig and most of all Tobias for sacrificing their time and =
energy=20
to get my heap back to road-worthiness (especially Tobias who,&nbsp;in =
spite of=20
his other committment (I hope Al will forgive me)&nbsp;kept plugging =
into the=20
wee hours of this morning even when I was ready to throw in the towel. I =
know=20
the beer and grub I provided them doesn't even scratch the surface of my =

gratitude.&nbsp;I hope I can be there for these guys if the opportunity =
arises.=20
This list and the people on it rule!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After&nbsp;tinkering with the timing =
and=20
distributor for a while&nbsp;(and connecting a hidden air hose!),=20
we&nbsp;finally got&nbsp;it started</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>around=20
1:30 am and once it got running for a few minutes it was remarkably =
smooth=20
running. Each time trying to start it, it got easier - so much so that =
it would=20
start on the first crank which never happened with the 1.8!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But&nbsp;then we noticed that the =
coolant temp was=20
getting exceedingly high (which is weird because I installed a low temp =
fan=20
switch and thermostat). I must have been too tired because we just =
filled the=20
radiator and let it run thinking the fan would come on sometime, right?=20
Unfortunately, I ruptured a hose (I hope) somewhere near the=20
distributor.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can the fan switch plug go on reverse =
of the way=20
it's supposed too? It's gotta be either that or the thermo-time switch =
failing,=20
right? Anyone else have any ideas? I'm in a bad spot and need to get =
this car=20
back on the road ASAP - time for trouble-shooting this is=20
scarce....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>JT - sorta 2.0 '86.5 =
16v</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1D3DC.2B0B20E0--