The 2.0 Lives! (well, sort of....damn. Need a little help) - long

> Jeff Toomasson wrote:
>
> I kinda need to keep this short, because I need tech help and I'm
> short on sleep, time and feeling in my hands!
>
> Before I get into the specifics - I first have to thank Raffi, Craig
> and most of all Tobias...    <snip>
> This list and the people on it rule!

Well, I should be in that list of people thanked but I bailed- And Jeff,
I'm sorry about that.

<snip>

> But then we noticed that the coolant temp was getting exceedingly high
> (which is weird because I installed a low temp fan switch and
> thermostat). I must have been too tired because we just filled the
> radiator and let it run thinking the fan would come on sometime,
> right? Unfortunately, I ruptured a hose (I hope) somewhere near the
> distributor.

When you filled the radiator did you pour your coolant/water down the
upper Rad hose into the block? Sounds like the water jacket is empty,
has an air bubble in it.

> Can the fan switch plug go on reverse of the way it's supposed too?
> It's gotta be either that or the thermo-time switch failing, right?
> Anyone else have any ideas? I'm in a bad spot and need to get this car
> back on the road ASAP - time for trouble-shooting this is scarce....
>
> Thanks,
> JT - sorta 2.0 '86.5 16v

Not the only reasons. Fuel might be lean, coolant not flowing through
Rad because thermostat is not getting hot coolant across it, what else?

TBerk