Subaru?

Erik La Celle wrote:

> OK, so if you show up at your Subie dealer and they just gave you
> directions to the closest SCCA auto-x without the membership, that's OK?

I don't think you're understanding the whole point to this.  You buy a
WRX, Subaru gives you membership to the SCCA for one year.  As an
enthusiast, wouldn't that give you the feeling that Subaru realizes your
desires as an enthusiast and they want you to have fun with their
products?  They are realizing there are people out there who actually
want to do more than just drive from Point A to Point B.

> > > VW never had any kind of weight distribution, did they?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> So, why are we bringing that up now?

I'll restate my point again.  Cars with wacky weight distribution do not
make enthusiast cars.

> I have a B4 Passat VR6.  It handles very well.  I can't compare it to
> the roc -- wouldn't be fair -- it needs a lot of work yet :)

If you are happy with your Passat's handling, great.  I was very unhappy
with the handling on my Jetta VR6.  The GTI VR6 was much better with the
aftermarket suspension bits, but the imbalance was still a pain in the
ass.

Mike