Will VW get with it already now OT

----__JNP_000_5079.0b17.0420

I think country of origin makes a load of difference.  I've looked at the
quality of German built Jetta's (A2) vs Mexi-can't ones and I can now
understand if someone told me they had that type of Jetta and it turned
them off of VW's entirely.  Fit and finish are only superficial and I
believe I've developed the eye to distinguish the difference.  I took a
hard look at the local dealer's collection of 2000 Jetta's and then at a
friends girlfriends 2000 Jetta wagon.  Her car is made in Germany and you
can tell.

The same can be said for parts from south of the boarder.  I know I
wouldn't bother to put an engine together without German made bearings.
I'll spend the extra $5-$10 on a German water pump.  I'll pay an extra
$150 on an oil pump.  The visual side-by-side inspection shows a world of
difference on the outside, just imagine what you can't see.

Everyone knows the word "lemon" refers to an abnormally bad car and that
infers that on the whole, the specific model isn't prone to a plethora of
failures.  Whatever the opposite reference term would be is what I
suspect your Jetta is.  Hell, they have to get something right on
occasion.

Now I am in no way cracking on your Jetta.  You say it's been trouble
free and I think that's great.  I'll stick that bit of information in the
back of my brain and check myself before going off on ALL Mexi-can't
VW's.

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v