If you're going to P&P a head...

...buy a foot operated variable speed pedal!

(for electric die grinders anyways, but I would imagine there's one for
pnuematic tools as well)

I was just doing some finishing work on my head, and couldn't imagine
that thing revving full blast for the total hours I had worked on it.
Having a tool revving at 25,000 rpm in your hand for hours on end can
only be described as "buzzy"...  In all the research I did no-one
mentioned using a pedal, so I thought I'd share my experiences...

I used the foredom tool pedal I had from my jewelry making days with a
cheapo $17 electric die grinder I bought off of Ebay.  Worked great,
but the pedal got pretty hot sometimes...

You get much more "feel" for metal removal this way, and can keep the
rpm's pretty constant by countering increased pressure on the workpiece
with more pedal.

It's also more accurate when you're doing stuff like bowl work - less
chance of nicking a valve seat when you can slowly start and stop the
tool while in the bowl area (ie: get the tool right where you want it,
get comfortable, then rev it to the right speed as you start working
the metal)

Anyone else have some P&P experiences?  This was my first attempt, and
I'm very pleased with the results, but I'm looking forward to doing
another one with the lessons I've learned...  Next time I'm going to
try to quantify my work with some before/after flow bench tests...

Mark.

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca