Will VW get with it already now OT

Eric wrote:

> I think country of origin makes a load of difference.

I think in your Mk2 example you're right on.. the Puebla cars of that era
were absolute disasters, prolly as bad as the Westmoreland-built cars.

But my new Brazlian-built GTI is screwed together better than my '99.5 (out
of Wolfsburg) was.  And there's NO comparison in paint jobs - today Potter
had a detailing seminar and we were noticing how awesome the paint was on
our cars, particularly his new Tornado red 24v.  The car the Einszett dude
was using to demo his detail stuff on was a Wolfie Golf.  The paint nad
one of the worst cases of orange peel I've ever seen - my '99.5 was the
same way - but our new GTIs both have absolutely awesome, smooth paint.

The drivetrains still come out of Germany for both cars, as well as many of
the rest of the key mechanical parts.  But a lot of the other content (50%)
comes out of Brazil.  We'll see what that means (if anything) over time.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA