Will VW get with it already now OT

Maybe the stuff he's using on the demo car is screwing the paint. :)

I'll admit that I may be relying too much on old information (current 4-5
years ago) and that VWOG may have put a boot up some substandard ass for
turning out crap. (but you say, "Eric, asses are supposed to turn out
crap.")  That information was kept current by, among other things, a
friends early 2000 Jetta that had plastic shit falling off in the first
year...starting BEFORE they changed bodys.  That was his third Jetta and
he says his last.  (a great 84, a so so 88, and what he refers to as "the
shitter", 00)

I'm glad your GTI is proving to be a great car and hope it stays that
way.  So keep it away from teenage girlies on the interstate!

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV
http://www.geocities.com/onesixv

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:24:16 -0700 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:
> Eric wrote:
>
> > I think country of origin makes a load of difference.
>
> I think in your Mk2 example you're right on.. the Puebla cars of
> that era
> were absolute disasters, prolly as bad as the Westmoreland-built
> cars.
>
> But my new Brazlian-built GTI is screwed together better than my
> '99.5 (out
> of Wolfsburg) was.  And there's NO comparison in paint jobs - today
> Potter
> had a detailing seminar and we were noticing how awesome the paint
> was on
> our cars, particularly his new Tornado red 24v.  The car the
> Einszett dude
> was using to demo his detail stuff on was a Wolfie Golf.  The paint
> nad
> one of the worst cases of orange peel I've ever seen - my '99.5 was
> the
> same way - but our new GTIs both have absolutely awesome, smooth
> paint.
>
> The drivetrains still come out of Germany for both cars, as well as
> many of
> the rest of the key mechanical parts.  But a lot of the other
> content (50%)
> comes out of Brazil.  We'll see what that means (if anything) over
> time.
>
> --
> Kevin Collins
> Huntington Beach, CA