5 exciting new HORNEY pics to whack with.

> Scott:
> Measure from the back of the valve head to the end of the horn.

The "valve head"? What is the *head*, exactly?

> Any way to put a small bend in the tract with part of an
> aluminum u-bend between the horn and the TB??

I think there's some value to having the air travel in a direct shot without
any bends whatsoever. That's what I've been led to believe, anyway. I also
forget if there'd be any potential interference between the horns and the
radiator. The fit is pretty damned close.

> Also, it's my humble opinion that sucking hot air from the engine
> compartment kills performance based on dicking around with my Haltech
> and actually being able to monitor intake air temp. So, some kind of air
> box or ducted air will be another help to extracting all the performance
> these ITB's offer.

Forget being humble! That's just plain fact. That MAT sensor exists for a
reason, eh? I've got plans to install a custom radiator that runs the width
of the grill opening (like a 16v rad) but leaves the top couple of inches
open for an airbox. That way, I'd be able to feed the engine with
high-pressure air at ambient temperature.

Another option is to find a radiator that is the same height but only part
of the width of our stock items and make another shaped air box. The 5-cyl
Audis have such equipment, for example. If the height is short enough to fit
in the Mk1 Scirocco's engine bay, then there's my solution right there. I
know for a fact that some Honda Civic radiators fit, but... but... I'd
rather chug anti-freeze then drop that in there.

I've got all sorts of other parts in my car: Ford (fuel injectors), Chevy
(engine sensors), BMW (headlights), Porsche (fuel pressure
regulator), -probably some Audi stuff, too. Honda is out of the question.
:^)

(shudder)
--
Scott F. Williams