5 exciting new HORNEY pics to whack with.

Here are my two ideas for this problem for when I can afford=
 ITB's.

1) Install thinner (top to bottom) radiator and get longer,=
 angled air horns (20* or so downward) that will take air from=
 the front grill area. Gain of approx. 5-6" in runner length.=
 Custom smaller radiator would have to be accompanied by a very=
 good oil cooler system to keep the engine temps down. Also,=
 thinner fan/shroud would have to be made/found.

2) Have custom air horns made that will bend back up over the=
 engine, like the 16v manifold. Have custom fiberglass hood made=
 that has a 3" cowl induction opening (i.e like 1st gen camaro's)=
 at back of hood (center section of hood is gradually raised=
 until back sits 3" higher than stock). Gain of about 2' or more=
 in runner length.

Either way will be expensive. The cowl induction method will help=
 in wet weather driving as the water will fall down into the=
 engine bay rather than be forced directly into the air horns.

My $0.02

Joshua

Scott, your in the unique position to actually be able to=
 visualize a
ram air route. Is it possible to place scoops behind the=
 headlamps
(each horn with it's own lamp based scoop) to force in air? Maybe=
 w/ a
little custom forward plastics?
I sure wish i could see the fitments.