Radiator

Dave Ewing wrote:

> Still, sounds too nasty for me!  I'm on a well that I believe is pretty pure
> and I'd like to keep it that way!!  If I were on city water in a large city
> (or anywhere for that matter) I'd be buying my water if this is the norm!!
> Burn off or not, the less you put in your water the better.  Besides, people
> usually don't know it's bad for you until after the fact!!
>
> Dave
> >
> > Here in semi rural/cosmopolitan California the local sewage treatment
> > plans specifically mention it was the ONLY thing that was OK to pour
> > down the drain.

We get our water from Hetch-HEtchy, a water source based way up in the
Sierras. (Same as San Francisco.)

The treatment plant eventually flows out to sea, although it's never
really clean enough to suit me. (One but Only one of the reasons they
don't recommend surviving off of Bay and Coastal fish, only deep sea
fish.

(My house was originally a farm house but the cesspool has been bypassed
long ago.)

Again, down the toilet is very different from in the (storm) drain.
There is a big push on out here to label storm drains and discourage
polluting them.

bye for now.

TBerk
(The DSL guy was just outside, maybe it'll start working.)