Radiator

> Christopher Grossi wrote:
>
> Changing the radiator on the car this weekend. Has a small crack and
> is starting to leak out a little. Want to get it before it goes
> completely and I am screwed. Any suggestions on something to collect
> the coolant in? I'm probably going to put new stuff back in so if I
> cannot save the old its okay, but not going to poor it all over the
> ground. Antifreeze is just bad stuff.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I found a large size bottle that held liquid laundry detergent (perfume
& dye free All) in it in the recycle bin. Laying it on it's side I cut a
square hole in the face of it and it has become a perfect catch basin:
It parks up against the oil pan just enough o catch the few drips that
got on the block when I was taking the lower hose off the elbow & the
thermo out.

I'll post some pix of it & it's little brother (made a funnel for
refilling.

Strictly in the CheapAss tradition.

It'll take me a min to walk outside and snap the camera, check here
after awhile. (Finally I see a point to having a web site. Suppose I
ought to actually publish the real thing.)

TBerk
<http://home.mindspring.com/~tberk>