Waterfest - My Opinion...Does It Really Count?

Well it was a lame Waterfest for me, mainly because my Scirocco wasn't
done. I got there too late to register the Jetta to be teched. I didn't
see some of the Scirocco.org members that I wanted to (.i.e. Julie, Dan
Kraus). I did meet a few of you, and that was cool, but it seemed
everyone was grouchy (or was it just me). Scott Williams arrived late
and I continuously harassed him via cell phone until I finally "met"
him. I got close enough to say "Scott is that Brett's car?" Well, it
wasn't Brett's (but a close replica). I didn't even shake his hand...He
was surrounded by people answering questions. I wasn't able to really
talk with anyone from the list. My son was crabby as was my wife from
the heat and hunger. There was just so much to see and take in. I have
to admit, I really was na=EFve to think that ALL of the Sciroccos would =
be
together in a group, and we would all be hanging together swapping
stories. Granted, I didn't hook up with you guys until Sunday, but I
thought it would be more of a list gathering than it was. Since I never
met anyone before in person I was very excited, so I guess I was a
little let down that everyone seemed too busy, or not anywhere near
their cars ;-)

Some of the Scirocco owners I talked to looked at me (when I asked if
they were a part of Scirocco.org) as if I had two heads...This really
ticked me off. What gives? Isn't EVERY Scirocco owner on the list;-?

As far as the debauchery at the hotel, all I can see is grow up dudes,
you can have a lot of fun and still respect the area where you are at.
Let me tell you a little something, I live in a heavily Irish
neighborhood South of Boston, down the street from a pub they call the
"Shamrock". Many a night (including the night BOTH my cars were hit by a
drunk driver) I am forced to chase drunks out of the parking where I
live (I'm a skinny guy, but I am kinda stupid when I get into a rage).
If I had spent the night with my family at a hotel and some morons were
breaking glass, smashing shit, and throwing trays....Lets just say I
would be Charles Bronson mad...

Next year Rapid should ask for volunteer hotel security people to stay
up all night and detour this kind of lame, immature, hooligan behavior.
I wouldn't mind, staying up, drinking, and if someone decides to spray a
fire extinguisher in the hallway, we could beat them with it...All
kidding around aside, we should police ourselves; I mean there has to be
a line between burning some rubber in the parking lot and throwing glass
into a pool, use your freaking heads. Who are these people anyhow,
anyone know, hotel cameras catch them? I want names and email addresses
damnit!

Here's a few suggestions on how these people could be punished for this:

Boycott - Don't buy or sell any parts to these people
Ignore - Do not reply to any of their "Help I have a problem" emails
Shun - Kick them off of Vortex, Scirocco.org or any other club they may
belong to.

They should at least be made to apologize not only to the Hotels, but to
Rapid for their bizarre behavior -AND- pay restitution for the hotels.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, again I was VERY happy to meet the listers
I met in person, I guess I just expected a firm embrace from Scott and
felt very vulnerable and used when I didn't get it ;-o

I guess if I went to something like Cincy, where there is only Scirocco
list members, I would be able to meet more people and hang out more with
the list...When's the next get together, meet, show, in the Northeast
???

Thanks for listening,

Jason F. Snow