Waterfest! (responses, stories later...)

WEll, this was my first Waterfest, and I had a good time, despite the var=
ious
disasters. I have a few housecleaning items / confessions

1. I contributed to the hotel damage. I chose to KEEP the two candle hold=
ers I
was given at check in, as a souvenir, I imagine I'll be sent a bill. No, =
maybe
my "husband" will be. Did you know that you can't leave your room and get=
 back
in if there is no power? The electronic keys can't be created.

2. I agree, the "damn kids" (as my son calls them) and their foolishness =
was
over the edge, and there is no excuse for damaging hotel property. But wh=
en
you get a bunch of "Fast and Furious" types together with their hopped up=

cars, there is bound to be some tire smoke. And cops. That I would expect=
=2E I'm
not quite clear on why there wasn't active police presence there all even=
ing,
it may have kept things at a lower level. Hauling off some drunk and
disorderlies early may have kept a wrap on it.

3. I must apologise to anyone who was involved in the caravan/Jetta busin=
ess,
and for my foul moods around exhaustion/ food issues. Mike especially, I'=
sorry to have inadvertently included you in many of my problems. But, on =
the
plus side, my "pizza rant" is preserved for posterity through the miracle=
 of
modern technology. It's pretty funny. Nobody in the group will ever allow=
 me
to be food deprived again, sort of a Jekyll and Hyde thing.

4. Bringing family to VW stuff can be "trying" at times, but I got sort o=
used to it.

5. Ahem, Jim, you forgot one OTHER car that had no wetness issues (yes, h=
ard
to believe, but the "headache" actually likes heavy rain). Thank goodness=
 mine
behaved, cause the kid's more than made up for it. (Don't worry, mine's
leaking brake fluid, so all is normal)
And add one more reason not to put a cone filter on your cars kiddies, be=
cause
if you leave you corner marker out, and drive in the rain, you can suck w=
ater
right straight into your engine, not at all a good plan. But it makes a r=
eally
great ball of white smoke out the exhaust pipe before you coast off the r=
oad.
(Hey thatd be cool with one of those "afterburner" lit up ricey tailpipes=
=2E..)

6. As for shows and judging, well, you could race. Then you can only blam=
yourself and/or your car. Why ours was so slow, well, the extra 200 lbs o=
dead weight may have contributed, but who knows (quarterfinals isn't too =
bad
though). But Sciroccos won two classes there, pretty good stuff.
And shows are impossible. Either the judging or the categories or both su=
ck. I
got beat out by a car with a $35,000 paint job one time in stock class. Y=
ou
are allowed two mods. That's fair. You should (if your stomach is strong
enough) check out the ricer shows, at least most of the cars in this one =
were
privetely owned. Many of the other shows mix (visibly) performance shop
sponsored cars right in with regular poor working stiffs. That's real fai=
r.

But, the weather (there) was great, driving weather sucked, I had one of =
my
better "war stories" to tell after the trip down, (actually after the who=
le
trip, it WAS an adventure, Jersey driving is a pleasure) and I won't be
driving with my son to this again anytime soon. =

Englishtown was a great facility. And the folks on this list are the salt=
 of
the earth. Your cars looked great. =

Cathy 1987 16V "the well rinsed headache"

Quote for the weekend "It's just wet..."